Firefighters said the blaze started in the basement and quickly engulfed the single family three-bedroom home. All the occupants escaped safely; there were no injuries. The house was totally destroyed.
Red Cross workers assisted the family with funds for food, clothing, shoes and winter coats. The family is staying with relatives.
All Red Cross assistance is free, made possible through the generosity of the American people.
For more information about becoming a trained Red Cross disaster volunteer, check out the Red Cross website at www.redcrossfingerlakes.org or call 315 568-9436. New classes are fooirming now. All training is free.